6 Reasons Schools Turn to Modular Construction
- Modular construction allows the classroom(s) to be built off-site while class remains in session; ensuring student learning continues without disruption.
- New classrooms are installed during breaks; allowing students and teachers to return to an entirely new facility.
- Multiple viable solutions are available, from relocatable classrooms to complete college campus buildings and even entire K-12 campuses.
- With full turnkey projects, modular can provide one contract with no hassle and no worries. You do not need to hire multiple trades to complete your modular project when you choose a modular construction company that completes the project from start to finish.
- Modular classrooms and complete campuses provide districts with flexibility. Relocatable classrooms can be moved throughout the district to meet ever-changing enrollment needs from year to year.
- Green classrooms and even building additions are available through options, such as SAGE (Smart Academic Green Environments). This opportunity has teachers, including Lake Washington High School’s Leanne Fike, saying she prefers teaching outside of the traditional building. “I walked in and it was like, oh, my gosh, it was absolutely wonderful and gorgeous. It just blew me away.”