Not All Containers are Created Equally – A Guide to Storage Container Grades
Containers come in all shapes and sizes with single and double door options. But did you know that they also come in different grades of quality? By nature, storage containers are subject to harsh conditions and weather, along with wear and tear during transport and handling. The longer the container has been in use, the more its grade is affected. A container grade is primarily based on looks and structure to determine a grade that rates its overall usability, functionality, and quality.
Here are the different grades of containers and a quick explanation of what each grade means:
- New/One Trip – Built within the last two years, in excellent condition, and used only once in international shipping. Wind and water-tight.
- A – Very good condition with minimal rust, no major dents, and few to none roof patches with a floor in very good condition. Wind and water-tight.
- B – Good condition with some minor and superficial rust, not exceeding 6 inches in diameter. All doors and gaskets are in good working condition with little to no rust around hinges and seals with some roof and floor patches.
- C – Structurally sound with non-predominant rust that may exceed 6 inches in diameter. Doors are functional with potential light to medium rust around gaskets, top of door, or hinges. Roof and floor may have multiple patches and some de-lamination on the floor.
- D – Functional and still wind and weather-tight with structural and more predominant rust, medium to severs around the seals. Doors can be hard to open and close and gasket may be loose. Large dents and deflections with loose and severely delaminated flooring.
- F – High-quality food grade shipping containers that are extremely clean, wind and water-tight, and do not offer ground for strong smells, mold, or contamination.
All Pacific Mobile Storage Containers are New/One Trip or Grade A units for consistent quality you can trust. Sealed and wind and weather tight to protect anything and everything you store inside from outside elements like heavy rain, wind, snow, ice, extreme heat, and natural disasters (pests won’t find their way in either), we regularly have 8’X7’, 8’X10’, 8’X20’, and 8’X40’ single and double door options available. Each and every Pacific Mobile Container is secured with a lockbox and provided with specialized locks and keys. This means that only those who have the keys to your container have access, and you don’t have to go out and find a lock and key for your unit yourself. Plus, our containers are outfitted with industry standard forklift pockets and pick point on all four sides for easy relocation.
Need a container ASAP? 90% of our containers arrive onsite in three days. In fact, we’re known in the industry for the speed and ease we bring to the container procuring process. We have a designated container specialist who is dedicated to your unique storage needs and will take care of you from the moment you call until the moment your container arrives onsite.